Friday 9 August 2013

Day Five: Home Tattoo

There's a saying that if you want to make God laugh, you should tell him your plans, and I feel that this sums up Momento Maureen's Fantabulous Week of Challenges perfectly. I thought that Lego Shelob would be a nightmare to make, but it was a breeze; I didn't have most of the ingredients for my biscuits; it took ages to find my Romero dvds; those paper-zombies were a complete pain in the bum and then there was today. Over eighteen months ago (Christmas 2011) my dad got me a Tribal Tattoo pack including jagua ink, traditionally used for tattoos in the Amazon. My plan for today was to finally use this pack to make a nice temporary tattoo.

But...

I looked through the book, grasped the basic instructions, had a design in mind and then realised that the little pot of jagua ink had dried up. Damn and blast!

Thankfully, I had an ace up my sleeve in the form of my Mum (occasional tattoo designer being one of her many talents) and her multicolour set of permanent markers.
This little beauty is now on the inside of my right arm for as long as it lasts. It's funny, because as a child I often got into trouble for drawing on myself, and now Mum's doing it for me! That's what's great about being an adult.

So, despite various set-backs, and chuckles from whichever form of deity you choose to picture, all the challenges have been successfully completed, and I even managed to blog about them all on the day they happened. I'm giving myself a big pat on the back, and offering a vote of thanks to you, Beautiful Reader, for coming on this slightly random journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment