Sunday 31 August 2014

My 100th Post!

Here we are, at Momento Maureen's 100th blog post! For those of you who experienced the brief but delightful wonder of my last blog, you'll know that this is quite a milestone. The question is, what am I going to do to mark it?

Originally I was going to write a sonnet about Evil Dead II, but it isn't finished. Last night I considered penning a quick ode to the new Doctor Who, but I kept getting stuck rhyming "Capaldi" with "baldy" which didn't make any sense and was pretty awful, so you'll have to wait for that one as well.

Having said that, I do have to make a quick digression to say how much I'm enjoying the new series of Doctor Who. Matt Smith was wonderful, and he was always going to be a hard act to follow, but two episodes into the new series and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm loving the darkness and ambiguity about Peter Capaldi's Doctor and I'm looking forward to seeing how the series develops. It's got an old school feeling to it that I think is great, and the new titles, with all the cogs and clocks are fantastic.



Anyway, where was I. Oh, I also didn't get around to writing a short story for this blog, or making some kind of exciting photo story, but these are all ideas that will probably show up here as we make the journey to the 200th blog post.

So for now I'm celebrating by watching George Romero's The Crazies (1973) which contains so many elements that return in his Dawn of the Dead that it makes a fascinating watch. Then I'm going to jump up and down and wave my arms around in the style of Kermit the Frog, because nobody celebrates better.


No comments:

Post a Comment